An Amazing Tour Company for your Mt. Kilimanjaro experience
My wife and I went with Original Tanzania on the 6 day Machame Route up Mt Kilimanjaro. The trip was such a magical and wonderful experience, we could not have asked for anything more and this was due to the Original Tanzania team. The trip started with a personal welcome when Elias and Sarah picked us up at the airport. The service we received from Original Tanzania was superb and we would gladly recommend them to our family and friends. A few specific items to highlight:
1. The whole trip was organized around our specific preferences and we were able to customize the itinerary. Elias and Sarah were a pleasure to deal through this process and made great recommendations that suited us.
2. My wife is gluten-free so Elias and the chef made delicious gluten-free meals all along the route. The Chef, Chumbe, even learned how to bake a gluten-free cake just for us;-)
3. We felt completely supported and in safe, experienced hands. On the day of the summit, my wife had trouble with acclimatization so one of the most experienced guides stayed with her while I summited. I knew she was in great hands and Ali took exceptional care of her and made sure she was alright.
4. There were small touches that we didn’t expect but ended up making our experience delightful – e.g., an awesome welcome gift, a bowl of warm water at the start & end of every day to rinse up, a warm and joyous farewell from the entire crew.
5. Lastly, the guides – Elias and Ali – were very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. We ended up having great conversations, even when hiking for 12 hours a day. It would be a delight to see them again and reminisce about the experience.
We ended up also going on safari, and to Zanzibar but our Kili experience remains my favorite part of our honeymoon. Thank you to the Original Tanzania team.